Cleaning a Nebulizer Machine
I lost the instructions that came with my nebulizer breathing machine and I need to clean it. Do you have some general cleaning information I can use? Thank you. Follow the list of instructions below and you’ll be able to clean your nebulizer in a satisfactory manner. However, it is advisable to contact the manufacturer of your nebulizer. The manufacturer should be able to provide you with the owner’s manual and/or instructions. You’ll need these to follow specific cleaning instructions for your specific model. In the meantime, following these instructions will be sufficient:
- Remove the mask or mouthpiece and T-shaped elbow from the cup of your nebulizer machine. Remove the tubing and set it aside. The tubing should not be washed or rinsed.
- Rinse the mask or mouthpiece and T-shaped elbow in warm, running water for 30 seconds. Use distilled or sterile water for rinsing, if possible.
- Shake off excess water and air dry on a clean cloth or paper towel.
- Put the mask or mouthpiece and T-shaped elbow, cup, and tubing back together, and connect the device to the compressor. Run the nebulizer machine for 10 to 20 seconds to dry the inside of it.
- Disconnect the tubing from the compressor. Make sure every part of the nebulizer machine is dry before storing it.
- Place a cover over the compressor.
Hope that helps. If you need further instructions, click the link below:
If you have further questions, don’t hesitate to ask.